Mike's musings

Whatever thoughts have been on my mind will probably end up here. Updated weekly, but perhaps more initially as I throw in some older things.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mini Caddy

I quite like the look of this, the Cadillac Ultimate Luxury Concept.  It’s “compact and manoeuvrable”, but with the space and luxury of a larger Cadillac. I should say that although I like the shape, and some of the detailing – particularly the lines from behind the front wheel and under the window to the rear lights, I’m not sure about the interior (and American cars are often let down by the quality here anyway), nor do I like the front grille.

So essentially, I want a European or Japanese maker to take the shape, and do it themselves.

I’m not convinced that it’s really a rival to the Aston Martin Cygnet either.  The original plan behind the Cygnet was to sell it only to Aston Martin owners who didn’t want to take their DBS (insert gratuitous DBS pic here) into the city centre.  The Cygnet is rather obviously based on Toyota’s iQ, and is under 3m in length (2985mm), with a wheelbase of 2000mm.  The Caddy is 3835mm long, which is closer in length to the original Honda Jazz (3845mm).  Come to think of it, Nissan and Toyota are quite adept at selling rebodied versions of their more unexciting cars in the home market, like Toyota’s 2002 (2002!) Will Cypha, the 1998 Will Vi, and the bB, and the now well-known in the UK Nissan Figaro

Maybe all I want is for Honda to Jazz up this Caddy.

Posted via email from mikemuses's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home