Mike's musings

Whatever thoughts have been on my mind will probably end up here. Updated weekly, but perhaps more initially as I throw in some older things.

Monday, October 11, 2010

The power of advertising (?)

I'm not a big fan of adverts.  Typically because they're untargeted, or poorly targeted, and they are an interruption.

Who likes unwanted interruptions?  Sometimes, though, they can be powerful.  I follow Jeff Brooks' blog which regularly covers 'stupid non-profit ads', like this one.

It makes me wonder why some charities get distracted by the fancy things, forgetting they have the strongest possible thing in front of them.  A story. A story about a person that has been given, or needs help, and what that help could do.  You might have seen this WaterAid ad on TV recently. 

Tell me what you think of that one compared to this, which is for an everyday product.

Which has more impact and why?

 

 

Posted via email from mikemuses's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home