Mike's musings

Whatever thoughts have been on my mind will probably end up here. Updated weekly, but perhaps more initially as I throw in some older things.

Friday, December 17, 2010

A Christmas Advertising Lesson

You might know that I’m not a big fan of advertising, if you know me better, you’ll know that half of the reason is that so many are just so bad.  I don’t mean badly acted, or produced, or scripted (although most usually are), I mean bad at getting the message across.

 

Why is this?  I think it’s because the agency or company producing the ads don’t understand the company they’re advertising.

 

Mark at Bluefrog posted this on his blog, from Quietroom.  If Santa was a brand....

 

While it may make you smile, you might want to take some time over Twixtmas to consider your own advertising, and whether it helps your customers to ‘get’ you.

 

Posted via email from mikemuses's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home