Mike's musings

Whatever thoughts have been on my mind will probably end up here. Updated weekly, but perhaps more initially as I throw in some older things.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Aberdeen's Guggenheim

 

 

425993_10150646163449127_47236254126_9223450_269341962_n

 

A lot has been written on the ‘Guggenheim’ effect Aberdeen will see after the completion of the Granite Web.  (I know, if you’re not in Aberdeen you’re asking "WTF is the Granite Web").  I think  I’ll write a final post over the weekend on my thoughts on this.

Whether this plan is ‘ambitious’ enough, to create the desired effect is for another day.

But in the meantime, I have to share this, spotted on twitter, talking about the Guggenheim effect in Bilbao.. Written by a proud Bilbao resident.  Two Quotes of particular note:

 

 “The original expectations regarding the attraction of direct foreign investment and command functions to the city have not been met.”

 

“More significantly, the attraction of command functions or headquarters to the site is, so far, nil.”

 

So, 15 years after it opened, the number of international companies upping sticks and headquartering in Bilbao....

Posted via email from mikemuses's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home