Mike's musings

Whatever thoughts have been on my mind will probably end up here. Updated weekly, but perhaps more initially as I throw in some older things.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The next step - Original Post May 26th 2010

You may already know, that I have recently left Barnardo’s. I’m sad to go, not least because I didn’t finish everything I wanted to do for the charity.

I want to stress that the work Barnardo’s does with local kids is amazing. The charity works with so many families and children in the area, and still raises far less than it spends. This isn’t sustainable, and the charity desperately needs local people and businesses to rally round it.

Over the last 10 months, I have had 4 bosses, and the latest one doesn’t share my view of the fundraising strategy needed to make grow the charity’s fundraising in the area. I’ve just come to the end of an initial period of contract, and this seems the right time for us to go our separate ways.

Many of the members of ABN have helped Barnardo’s in the past 10 months, and I’d like to thank you all for your support, and encourage you to continue turning around children’s lives in the future.

Personally, I’m now looking for my next challenge. Whether this will be a role working for another charity, back into the 'business world', or striking out on my own, I’m not yet sure.

Time to follow (and share) some great advice I once heard: “When in doubt, take the next step”

Posted via email from mikemuses's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home