Mike's musings

Whatever thoughts have been on my mind will probably end up here. Updated weekly, but perhaps more initially as I throw in some older things.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Top 3 ways to throw away a potential sale at yourweddingexhibition.

Number 3. Criticise your competitors.  Certainly, they may not work in a style like yours (photographer / venue etc), but consider that they may have been the first choice of your visitor, who now wants someone similar, but available on the date.  Even if this isn’t the case, being overly critical simply doesn’t sound good.  Instead, focus on what makes YOU special.

 

Number 2.  LAUNCH into your sales pitch, packages and pricing with gusto, before I’ve had the chance to see if I like your product or service.  I don’t care what it costs if I don’t know if I like what you’re selling.  Chill out a bit, leave showing me your enthusiasm until you know I’m interested.

 

And the Number 1, top way to ensure that regardless of how good you think you are (or even might be) is:

 

Exhibitor: So what do you do?  (barely disguised question to discover how much money I’ve got)

Me:  I’m a fundraiser.

Exhibitor:  And they *PAY* you for that?

 

Riiiiigghhht.

I may carry on a civil conversation with you for a short while, but I suspect you may find many people bodyswerving your stand for the rest of the day.

 

What would be your top tips for exhibitors to make the most of any exhibition?

 

Posted via email from mikemuses's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home