Mike's musings

Whatever thoughts have been on my mind will probably end up here. Updated weekly, but perhaps more initially as I throw in some older things.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Top Ten Toys - Original Post Feb 12th 2010

I've just found out that Walter Frederick Morrison - Fred to his friends - has died aged 90.

You may not recognise Fred's name, but he was the inventor of the Frisbee.

Now Frisbee has changed a lot in the intervening years - I think Ultimate Frisbee is even recognised as a sport - but to me, Frisbee is a fun toy enjoyed when I was a kid.

So I thought I'd ask you to help me come up with a list of top ten favourite games or toys from your childhood. Frisbee is possibly third on my list - for the UFO factor alone.

Top of my list would have to be toy cars - I loved them all from Corgi to Dinky, Hot Wheels and even Micro machines. They're also the closest I'm likely to get to owning a 700 car garage of exotics.

Second. Lego, although I never managed anything this complex.

Over to you. What are your top toys and games?

Posted via email from mikemuses's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home