Mike's musings

Whatever thoughts have been on my mind will probably end up here. Updated weekly, but perhaps more initially as I throw in some older things.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tapping a massive resource. Original Post March 31st 2010

I stumbled across this the other day, and I think it has a truly other-worldly feel to it.

.

Individuals spread across the globe collaborate to create something remarkable.

.

It brought to mind Clay Shirky's "Cognitive Surplus". I haven't yet read "Here comes everybody", but it's on my amazon wishlist and near the top.

.

I'm a member of JCI Aberdeen, (if you're in your twenties or thirties, you probably should be too), and we are just coming to the end of JCI impact month. The focus of impact month has been "the impact of one".

.

I'm sure you'll remember Wilton Knight once told some chap called Michael "one man can make a difference". What it seems society is just starting to wake up to is that you don't need unlimited resources and a black trans am with a turbo boost button.

.

Imagine the difference that lots and lots of people (who don't need to be physically in the same space, or even continent) could make. Whether to the world, to the country, or to your business.

.

How are you making the most of cognitive surplus?

.

For those interested, Eric Whitaker explains how they did the virtual choir on his blog.

Posted via email from mikemuses's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home